I’ve spent years throwing celery leaves out as most see this as just green waste. This keto celery leaf pesto recipe is about to change that. I thought it would be a good idea to try something else with it now that I’m on the keto train. I did some research and found a few recipes online and then came up with my own version.
The Keto Celery Leaf Pesto Recipe
- 120 grams celery leaves (The leaves off a medium sized bunch)
- 40 grams of basil
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 80grams of almonds (I used almond slivers as that’s all I had)
- 250ml of Olive Oil
- 80 grams Parmesan cheese
- 4 grams of salt
- Food processor
- Scales to measure things
- Put the celery leaves into the food processor and blitz it slightly. This will leave room for the rest of the ingredients.
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor except for the olive oil.
- Blitz until you get an even consistency of all the ingredients. Stopping to wipe down the sides as required.
- Once everything is at a pesto like size, slowly add the olive oil until you get the consistency you require. 250ml was what it took to get my consistency.
- The celery leaves gives it a bit of a spicy kick which is great.
- You can leave out the basil if you don’t have any. I just happened to have a huge bunch in the fridge
Now that you’ve got a jar of fresh keto celery leaf pesto go ahead and use this as a base in salads, zucchini pasta and more. You should put this in your fridge and should last about a month, but who are we kidding? It’s not lasting that long.