This is a nice simple banana coconut and chia pudding that I like to make. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and then you can leave it in the fridge overnight or for a couple of days. I make enough to get 4-5 serves from a single batch. It’s delicious, quick and easy.
Serves 4-6 or more if you want smaller portions.
- 200grams chia seeds
- 250ml coconut milk
- 250ml coconut water
- 2 large bananas (frozen or fresh)
- 50grams of slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey to sweeten
- 50 grams of frozen raspberries
- 50 grams of frozen mango
- In a bowl squish the bananas until you have a nice paste like consistency. If they were frozen defrost them first.
- Add the chia seeds and stir.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut water.
- Stir in the almond slivers.
- Stir in the maple syrup.
- Spoon the ingredients into each container and cover with plastic wrap to place in the fridge. I use rocks glasses as my serving container you could also use ramekins. Be sure to leave some space for the topping when you’re serving.
- Once the containers have been in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours (I prefer overnight) they are ready to serve.
- Slightly defrost the raspberries and mango by either leaving them out for 30 minutes or putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds on high.
- Spoon the topping onto the pudding and its ready to serve.
Notes: You can mix it up by changing the toppings or adding or removing things from the base pudding. I have seen a few with berries in the base mixture or even vital greens. It’s up to you how you make the base pudding.